Braces are some of the commonest forms of orthodontic treatment available, and they have been found to be very effective. However, braces come in different types, and the most popular category is known as invisible braces. These are modern braces that are made of clear materials that can’t be easily noticed. Thus one is able to straighten their teeth without attracting much attention.
In this article, we’ll discuss Incognito braces vs. Invisalign. These two belong to the category of invisible braces; they have both differences and similarities.
Similarities between incognito and invisalign braces;
- Both of these braces are made of clear like material that makes them almost invisible.
- Both have been found to be very effective in helping straighten teeth.
- In both incognito and invisalign braces, one will need to visit the orthodontist regularly for checkups.
- Incognito braces and invisalign braces are both removable after a period of time, depending on the length of the treatment period.
Read more at http://www.angelorthodontics.co.uk/invisalign/
Major differences between the two;
- The major difference between incognito braces and invisalign braces is that the former is inserted at the back of the teeth, while the latter is inserted on the outer side of teeth.
- Inserting incognito braces is usually more complex, and requires a very qualified orthodontist. The brackets used are glued to the sides of the tongue, which means that the process is a delicate one.
- As for invisalign braces, the process of insertion is less complex as the clear looking aligners are just inserted above your teeth.
- In terms or post insertion care, incognito braces will require more personalized care compared to invisalign. The cleaning of teeth with aligners on the inner side of the teeth is always going to be tricky and slow.
- When it comes to effectiveness, incognito braces stay longer before any changes are noticeable, unlike in invisalign aligners that are a bit faster I yielding results.
Good dental hygiene;
Regardless of the braces you go for, you’ll still need to exercise good dental hygiene while recovering. Often, the best orthodontist London will advise you on the foods and drinks to take or avoid, how to clean your teeth and braces, so on so forth.
Incognito braces and invisalign braces for adults are very common; they are effective in both children and adults. They are closely related, although they have some significant differences. Your orthodontist is best placed to advice you on which of the two is the best option for you.